Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Park and Page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R

Technical User
Jun 25, 2017
US
Good morning, I have a quick question about the Nortel Call Pilot voicemail park and page feature. I know when setting this feature up you have to record your voice (Ex. "Electrical department has a call on") and then the silicone sally's voice says "101" or what ever parked number it's on. What i'm wondering is that if you can have the silicone sally's voice say the entire message (Ex. "Electrical department has a call on, 101")? Is this possible through programming? If so, can someone tell me how to do this? Any advice would be great! Thanks a lot!

No!
LOL

You would have to hunt down bionic betty )Joan Kenley) and ask her to record it then get the nortel engineer whom programmed that to insert it as a choice.

[morning]

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Actually it is a good idea.
It would be nice if systems did have the text to speech software built into them but they have not perfected the voices yet, a little robotish or mispronouncing to be used for canned prompts.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Try a TTS demo site (or phone app) and see if you can find a close matching voice to say "Electrical Department"

You can use Audacticy to do any recording or editing then upload the file to the Callpilot.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

This is merely speculation but presumably the canned voice recordings would exist as wave files in some sub directory of the call pilot directories. Could one not record your own wave files to replace the bionic betty ones with your own voice using the same file names of course and then have seamless voice? Sort of the reverse of hiring Joan Kenley to record your prompts but replacing her altogether with your own speaker.

Looks like I was wrong:

Creating Customized Digits recordings
If you use Park and Page, you can create Customized Digit recordings that play a prompt and a park string in your voice, for example “Electronics, please pick up 101.” These recordings are played over the paging zone or overhead paging system. If you do not record Customized Digits the “101” is played in the system voice. If you record Customized Digits the entire prompt is played in your voice.

But what if the call was parked on 102?
This is why I had assumed not possible.
If low call volume then no issues.

Jman1200 let us know if that works out.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

So all of the Safeway stores have Call Pilot Joan Kenley saying different departments such as Meat Department, etc. The only connection I can see is that she is from Oakland and Safeway is Nearby and they had her record them.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Hey Curlycord: found this post and tried:

"Try a TTS demo site (or phone app) and see if you can find a close matching voice to say "Electrical Department"

You can use Audacticy to do any recording or editing then upload the file to the Callpilot."

Thanks for the tip - our announcements and prompts all sound so pro now. Suggestion to anyone reading this: don't forget to convert to mono, 8000Hz!

Thanks again forum people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back