Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot not allowing user to logon F981 says "exit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

symatron

MIS
May 19, 2006
CA
Hi Everyone,

One of my clients has a CP100 that died. Did all the testing onsite and determined the unit was bad. Power supply:eek:k, Install new power supply; no luck, ports:eek:k , unit reset, resetted card and powered on, **XFTEST, .... No luck still dead. I order a new until and took the customers old flash card with all their programming from old unit and install on new CP100, did a **XFTEST removed all inactive code and powered up the new unit. Everthing works fines F985, F983,can leave messages... but no user can access there mailbox. All mailbox are there under admin and all programming seem ok. When user press F981, it just says EXIT. Can anyone let me know what I'm missing or doing wrong? Is this a license thing or security? I reset password under admin on mailboxes and still no luck.

FYI flash card software from old until is 2 or 2.1 and new flash card is 3.1, but have never booted the unit with new flash card install in it. Would like old programming back.

I'm not a pro in this area so any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MAB

if you can get into the manager check the license's
the older software card will have keycodes for original system
will need to change keycode
you may have more mailboxes then allowed

also check if the vmail is activated in the configuration
(voicemail = y

mike

Need to move the keys to the new system. You get 10 with a CP100 but when you move a card from one system to another you loose the 10. Needto migrate in KRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back