Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot Link down Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritme

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2007
CA
Did someone experience this before with callpilot 201i and Symantec endpoint protection 6.0.5?
CallpilotHello
I’m a system administrator and I’m not very familiar with the Nortel systems like the callpilot, so I’m managing about 24 callpilots (201i and 1005R)
Each call pilot has Symantec Endpoint protection 6.0.5 installed (with antivirus, anti spyware and proactive threat protection options), this one is updated once a week during the night (between 0:00 and 4:00)
So I’m experiencing an issue with a single callpilot 1005R, the systems (callpilot) stops running properly and was getting these errors periodically

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NGen
Event Category: Major
Event ID: 60920
Date: 8/19/2010
Time: 8:28:10 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CXXXXX
Description:
Event from Access Protocol Emulator[0] : Access link is down

Event Type: Warning
Event Category: Minor
Event ID: 58005
Time: 8:28:20 AM
Description:
Event from SLEE - Telephony Exec GAM[19:CCR0c218006;SPC08218002;AnswerCall] : Failed to answer the call. rc= 57205, TAPI or CTMS rc= -2147483576, # attempts= 6

Event Type: Error
Event Category: Major
Event ID: 55716
Time: 8:28:20 AM
Description:
Event from AppBuilder BRM[19:ABInitSession] : System error occurred in AppBuilder application. AppID = CPE_fermeture_fr_9200021.

Event Type: Information
Event Category: Info
Event ID: 56008
Time: 8:32:42 AM
Description:
Event from SLEE internals[18] : Current application has terminated and recovered.

When I disabled the antivirus for 3 weeks the system runs correctly and no issues have been found, then I re-enabled the AV and the issue reoccurred again

It’s weird because the issue is occurring only for this single system and everything runs properly on the others
Is there something I have to check? Do you have any suggestions for how to trouble shoot this issue and find what is causing it?

I opened a ticket with Symantec with no result, they told me the issue with the Nortel application, since the other system are running without any issues

I appreciate you help

By the way it's running callpilot release 05.00.41
thanks,

I had SEP on my 3 CPs. It is now GONE. 2 x Rel 4 and 1 x Rl 5 system.

From memory, on the server you should only be using the Anti-virus component.

The issues I found were the same as you, but also more. Our servers would need to be rebooted on an almost weekly basis.

The comms would shut down.... a result of the network Threat monitoring the active ethernet comms.

Also, we found that on the periodic updates (Live Update) that the CP voice channels would go unresponsive, effectively shutting the system down. This was easy to see in the event logs.

You say that it is configured to update between 00:00 and 04:00. Bad move, thats right in the middle of house keeping.

Also, ensure that you are not scanning the databases etc as this will cause issues as well. The nortel install manual for CP will have info on what to set as the exclusions. Just search virus.

All in all though SEP was a disaster for us, and has been removed hopefully never to be returned.

Thanks for the response DFKSydney, what would be the good period to run the live update for CPs server?
I installed the Antivirus on the CPs regarding the Nortel Manual, Also this is happening only on one single server all the other are okay,
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back