Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAll Pilot Installation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccastillo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2001
US
I have unistalled CP desktop messaging 2.01 and I am attempting to install CP desktop messaging 2.50. However when I try to install 2.5 I keep getting the error:

Unable to Install Fax Printer Driver
The print spooler may be busy. Please restart your computer and try again.

So I thought I would just re-install v2.01 but I get the same error. This didn't happen on the initial install of 2.01. What does CP desktop messaging do to the print spooler and how can I get it to install? I've already tried stopping and starting the Print service with no luck.

Thanks In Advance,

go to your printer folder and perge all print jobs, if that doesn't clear it, delete your printers dothe install and reinstall the printers

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks JP. I just tried it but it still did not work. I still get the same error.

did you restart the pc after deleting the printers?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I tried it with and without a re-boot and still no luck but thanks I appreciate the help.

Thanks Again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back