Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL PILOT GROUP LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowglen594

Programmer
Apr 21, 2006
US
I have a customer that gets cut off while leaving a message in a group list at exactly 5 minutes. The system gives a message saying "message too long". As crazy as it sounds, I really need the ability to leave 20-30 minute messages in these group lists.
I have already troubleshot this problem to the tenth degree and am at my wits end. I even built a brand new mailbox with a beefed up class of service and put it by itself in a group list and the system still cut me off. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the parameters of a group list are supposed to be (how the group lists function)and if there is a way to adjust those settings? Possibly design a patch to allow long messages in group lists.

Thanks in advance. Dan.

Mailbox Admin
Class of service
Click on class you want to change
Set Max Mailbox Msg time to what you think you will need. (Max is 180 Min)

Name:
Max Mailbox Msg Time: (1-180 minutes)
Max Message Length: (1-60 minutes)
Message Retention Period : (1-365 days,0=don't purge)
Max Greeting Length: (1-30 minutes)
Enable Off-premise Msg Notification/
Remote Notification:
Retry Intervals: (1-120 minutes)
Max Number of Attempts: (1-20)
Enable Outbound Transfer:
Max Incorrect Password Attempts: (4-20)
Password Expiry: (0-365 days,0=never expire)
Enable Networking:
Enable Personal Target Attendant:
Enable Record Call:
Prompt Language: Primary Alternate
User Interface Style: NVM CallPilot

Ace,

Thank you for your prompt response, but, I already have every possible member of a group list maxed out in his or her class of service. Here is a list of things I have done to troubleshoot the problem:
-swap out the phone leaving the message (this is internal messages I am having trouble with; boss=>employee group list)
-tried leaving a message from multiple different phones.
-tried removing all the members of the group list, put one brand new mailbox in by itself with a maxed out c.o.s.(message length and all)
-tried building a new c.o.s. and putting only those who are part of a group list in there.
-tried building a new group list with same members.

What I need to know is how the group lists function. Can those parameters be adjusted?

After looking at Callpilot again, I don't think you can adjust the group list message time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back