Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call-pilot forward to External Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2011
CA
Working with an MICS7.1, and a Call-pilot 150.

So I've set up a Route, and a destination code for a clients Cell Phone(because they have no more desk phones) and it works perfectly fine when dialing from any of their Nortel phones internally. However, they have an AA answering all inbound calls, with no CCR. So when I call in, AA picks up and I enter the destination code 202 that points to Route 001, which should forward to the cellphone, but I'm told the destination is not set up(or something to that effect, been a couple days since I've heard the message).

I'm sure I am missing something. Tips?

I don't believe your method will work properly, I would install a telephone and just have it forward to the cell number. I know you said they didn't have any but you can pick one up very cheap these days.

Charm City Communications

Well unfortunately it's not an issue of affording a phone. They are up to 30 phone-sets now and with the call-pilot taking up two reaming ports, that is all of the ports used. So they can't support any more sets without adding onto the system, which isn't in their budget and why they chose to get a cell phone.
Anyways, I'd be surprised if there is no way to do this, but I haven't been able to find how to do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back