Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kce9751

Programmer
Nov 18, 2008
US
Can someone please help me with understanding the difference between a fax seat and a fax channel. If you have 20 fax seats..... Does this mean 20 users can send and receive faxes??? Does this require 1,2,3,4 fax channels??? Any help would be appreceiated. Thanks.

fax seat, is just what you posted.. 20 people..

fax channels need to be engineered with a relationship to your fax traffic... 20 seats? how many are going to send or rec faxes AT THE SAME TIME.... i would think 4 min with 8 being more then enough.. at my site.. if your fax seatss require constant fax traffic, then grade your fax channels heavier.. enterprise voice graded past 20 percent is uncommon.. ie 20 percent of your switch can use an outside line at the same time... unless your in an acd box, that by def needs almost 100 percent station to trunk grading

at this hospital we have 7000 stations and 700 trunks, 10 percent grade and never have a blocked call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Great John. Thanks. Now 20 fax seats means 20 mailboxes can send and receive faxes right.

20 fax seats means that you cannot have more than 20 mailboxes with fax capability in their class of service.

The number of fax channels determines the number of simultaneous fax calls that the system can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back