Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Fax service Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm6043

MIS
Dec 10, 2003
HK
Could anyone help me to find out the problem of can't fax out by Nortel fax of Call Pilot. I have already install the Desktop message software into microsoft outlook 2000. I can receive voice mail and fax in but can't send fax out.

Thanks

are you placing a 9 before the number

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Yes, I've already placed , but the screen show an err message:

"Invalid credentials. Please check your mailbox and password."

However, i check that is Ok because i can recieve voice mail in outlook.

Does your mailbox have outdial capabilities? On BCM Callpilot mailbox outdial must be set or no outbound fax.

make sure that you aren't restricting the outbound either on the route or the phantom ports that were built!

Thanks a lot your help !

But How to verify the outbound is restricted or check whether the mailbox have outdial capabilities ?

I just see the call pilot manager, in SDN table, there are a outbound8 and "delivery to Fax"

i would open my ntp's and bone up on my call pilot if i were in charge of it..

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

YOU CAN START WITH YOUR RESTRICTION/PERMISSION LIST

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

What release of Call Pilot do you have? And are you able to forward voice messages to external users? It is worth going over all the configurations (there are a lot) in your Call Pilot. Check your SMTP/VPIM configuration and your server FQDN in particular.

Thanks a lot !

I spent much time to check the Restriction/Permission List, SMTP/VPIM config, and Server FQDN. The seting have no problem. Is there any other way to be checked ?

my call pilot release 02.01.26.05

If you've checked everything in call Pilot, have you checked that your phatom ACD agents have the correct ncos etc on your meridian ?

Let me know if this doesn't work as I have the same version of Callpilot as you and mines working fine

Thanks Hugwideboy

There is only one ACD used in my meridian, the NCOS=5.

would of thought you would have had more than 1 ACD agent setup for your call pilot. Didn't realise that Nortel did a 1 channel version.

Just to check do
LD 20
Req PRT
type 2008

CallPilot uses phamtom 2008's for agents

check that the 2008's have the same TGAR and NCOS values as a standard phone that can make all the same type of calls that you require your Call pliot to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back