Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot External Trransfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlossick

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2008
US
I am new to this. I have two Nortel Systems using a call pilot. Both have the same error when I try to transfer to an external number. "The routing information configured for this call is not valid". I read a few threads that say that a route must be used. Can any of you kind people tell me how to setup a route?

I also cannot call forward to an external number from my Nortel system.

If it's Norstar, you need to eleminate your Line Pool Code "9". Build a Dest. Code "9", and point it to a PRI or Line Pool. Your telephone needs, Allow Redirect "Y". Then make sure to enter the "9" in front of outdial number in Call Pilot.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks Dewey.... I am on norstar. I figured out that the Call Pilot was actually not able to dial out because the trunk was set to have unsupervised disconnect. I changed this to supervised disconnect and that fixed my dialing out from Call pilot. I can do a transfer now. I am still trying to forward out to forward to an external line though and your siguestion seems like it would do it.

I know how to get to the line pools, but where is the menu path for the destination codes. I am on DR5.1 and I have looked everywhere for routes and destination codes. Thanks again...

That answers it. There wasn't any routing till MICS, and no External Transfer until 4.1.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks, Looks like it is time for an upgrade.... What new equipment would you recommend in the Nortel line?

You can keep the tels and the Call Pilot, but upgrade to an MICS 7.1. Or if you have remote offices or telecommuters keep the tels, dump the Call Pilot and get a BCM.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back