Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot error while listen ""the system was unable to reach the num

Status
Not open for further replies.

txnorstartech

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2005
US
When listening to a message in the Call Pilot system when I press 4 or 6 to move forward or backwards to existing vm I get the following error.

""the system was unable to reach the number you specify for message notification"

Can anyone help with this error?

Call Pilot is telling you that your Remote Notification number is no good, you need to check it out.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

just to elaborate the above

off premise notification OPN is a number you specify in the mailbox (once in mailbox press 8 for admin menu and the 6 for opn menu)

when the mailbox get's a new message it will turn around and try to call the number you put in (cell phone ,home phone ,pager) to let you know you have a message

it will try this number every 5 minutes 3 times if does not get a answer you will get a message in your mailbox
"the system was unable to reach the number you specify for message notification"

if you go into the opn menu listen for the prompt to turn it off

mike

Thanks for the replies....
I first thought the same thing but in test the mail box once a voice mail is left in the box it goes directly to the cell phone just the way it is suppose to work.
Call in from the cell phone get into the mailbox listen to the voice mail then I push 6 to go to the next voicemail and I receive this error message.
Also when listening from the desktop phone the same error is happening.

Any more thoughts????

"the system was unable to reach the number you specify for message notification

check the cos settings it may be set to only call out 1 time
so if you don't answer the first call you will get the message

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back