Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot -- Direction Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warwizard

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
US
I have a customer who is in need of an automated direction line. The way that I've got it working right now is an info mailbox set to a CCR tree. The CCR tree is associated with a greeting table used by the auto attendent answering the spacific line. It works great for calls going direct to the line but if the receptionist wants to send a patron to the direction line I have had to program an external auto dial on the reception console and the receptionist has to transfer them to the line via an outside line. This of course is fuctional and works but then they are tying up two lines with this.

Any body have any suggestions of any way to route this transfer internally?

oops i be bad im wrong thought i was at pbx forum

ONLY 7 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

so what are we trying to do exactly

Just wondering if there is a way to accomplish the routing to the direction line inernally. Not via the external autodial in the process tying up multiple lines

what is the end result just to end up in the ccr tree or is it a mbox ..i think you can do a vm transfer to the ccr tree

VM transfer does not work for an information box. Unless someone else knows of another way, you have two choices:

- create a guest mailbox and disable messages. Then you can use the transfer mailbox feature.

- attach a DID to that mailbox and have the front desk use the external transfer to that DID.

We've got it working with a DID and the receptionist is using an external transfer. I was just hoping to not have to tie up multiple lines for this seemingly simple request.

You can also use Feature 986 to transfer the call, enter the tree number (1 for example) press the pound key and the recpt has just trans a call to that tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back