Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot: Dial to main number - transfer to call center 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsella

MIS
Mar 20, 2003
CA
Hi,

Nortel MICS
CallPilot 150

Right now, the system is set up to use Table1 in Lines administration when someone dials in to the main number. In the menu that they hear, if they dial 0, they go to the call center's skillset1 for the receptionnist and her friends in the pool.

We would like to cut down on the AutoAttendant greeting right down to the customer going automatically to the call center. So, for the customer, they dial the main number and a few seconds later someone human answers.

I did this: I tried to change all the lines under Lines Administration to use skillset1 instead of Auto-Attendant. It works fine except that I have now lost the scheduling. At night, if someone calls in, the skillset will let them know that no one is available since the pool for the receptionist is empty. I would prefer that the auto attendant be back and allow for extension dialing (and such) after hours.

Is there a "nicer" way to achieve this? I was thinking of maybe using a Custom Call Routing that forwards to the skillset's extension, create a new Auto Attendant table and just switch those lines to that new table. Would that work? I know I am missing something here or else I would have tried it.

Please do not hesitate to give more details as I am not completely familiar with this version of CallPilot.

Thanks,

C.

You can make a CCR tree that is a transfer node, instead of a menue. In the greeting table you can tell it to use a differnt CCR tree based on time of day. Make a ccr tree that is a transfer node to you skillset dn, use that during the day, and use a menue after hours. also during the day, use a greeting that just has about a second of silence recorded. You wil hear the canned voice say one moment please when the call is transfered.

You are correct. It works like a charm!

Thanks a lot

C.

If I add a small greeting before the transfer, I should be able to dial the people's extensions during that brief moment, correct?

It seems that as soon as I dial the extension, I am transfered to the skillset dn....

Thanks for your help,

C.

it seems like you should be able to. it should play the greeting you select before it transfers, even if you just record silence.

Everything works except for the extensions. I hear the small greeting (10 seconds) asking to dial the extension. As soon as I dial the extension, the greeting stops and I hear the ring thinking I am transferring to that extension. Unfortunately, the skillset1 picks up...

C.

you didnt accidently check the box in the greeting table that says disable DN dialing? I cant think of what could cause this to happen.

Nope. The box is unchecked. I guess I will leave it at that as this is a temporary setup.

Thanks for your help though. It is much appreciated.

C.

I think the problem is when the greeting is being played.

You cant dial anything During a greeting prompt until the CCR kicks in.
In your case the CCR is automatically transfering to the skillset thus not allowing you to dial the extn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back