Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Desktop Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ospe

Programmer
Nov 17, 2005
VE
I´m trying to implement desktop with Outlook (2000 or 2003) on CP 4.0, But It doesn´t work, I´m following the Desktop Messaging and My CallPilot Installation and Administration Guides:

a. First determine the CallPilot server FQDN (I´m using the default CP name: callpilot)

b. To define the CallPilot server FQDN:
Messaging --> Message Network Configuration.
I don´t see: The SMTP/VPIM section, to type the CallPilot server FQDN (It Just appears in general the windows for the name, description, location and spoken name), I`ve got a CP 3.0 for testing and In this CP 3.0 I could set the name (in general), but in the CP 4.0 when I put the name (in general) and then I try to save the chages It tells me that ESN cannot be null (but the ESN´s windows are disable I can´t select or fill them up (the same for the CP 3.0))

c. Also the VPIM network shortcut windows are disable (I implemented desktop with outlook in a CP 3.0 without using FQDB neither VPIM (just using mailbox@callpilotipadress and It worked))

any idea?

I´ve got the PEP´s CD that comes with the CP, Can I install PEPs at any time (After wizard configuration)?

Depending on when you got your Call Pilot, you may need one additional one. You can install PEPs when you want to, but you will most likely need to shut down services and a reboot is required once it is loaded.

lretrievers

You were right Call Pilot didn´t have PEPs installed, I installed the PEPs and the CP reboot, but now I cannot enter to CP, It seems that the password changes, I´ve got a procedure for recovering the password but it didn´t work. Is It posible that the CP database was corrupted when I was installing PEPs? It´s recommended to make a backup before PEPs instalation (I dont have a backup), Now I´m reading the Recovering system software documentation,

Any idea?

The passwords shouldn't have been effected; have you tried the default password for 6 000000's? Just a guess.

I Tried with mailbox 000000 and password 124578 (default), But It didn´t work

Sounds like someone may need to go in through tools and reset it for you.

But I follow the procedure:

Start -> Programs -> CallPilot -> System Utilities -> Support Tools

And I didn´t work, Do you think that I`ve got to reinstall the CP server software

If I resinstall the CP server software Does the password goes to default?

I´ve got to procedures:
* Reinstalling CallPilot server software
*Rebuilding the 201i server from the disk image

What should I use?

You have to have the tools password to reset the 000000 password; it does work, but your vendor or Nortel has to come in and do it if you do not know it.

If you reimage your Call Pilot and then restore your database, you will bring the password file back in. I do not believe reinstalling the manager will work.

I`m a vendor and I have the tools password, I did the password reset, But anyway I cannot do login, I´m thinking that the CP data could be corrupted

The default mailbox is 000000 and the default is 124578 password, so when you reset it in tools, it is now 124578.

I remove the PEP and reset the password and I could login with 124578, Now I´ve got a new problem, I put the channels cortesy stop then I installed the PEPs, Now the CP doesn´t end up from booting, If I see the channels in the PBX appear as disable by the sever, I cannot login to CP to enable the channels, If there another way to re-enable the channels?

I re-establish the channel then the CP up (trough from client PC)

lretrievers
Thanks, I installed The PEPs and finally I can receive message in outlook, But I cannot send message using outlook (even If I reply over an incoming message) I receive a message from Postmaster@CPname.domanin telling me that the message couldn´t be delivered:

To be able to receive message I configured the Outgoing SMTP Mail/Proxy Server (Message Delivery Configuration), FQDN And VPIM index (I created a user account withot use the VPIM just mailboxnumber@CPipaddress) I does´t work with the format VPIM+mailboxnumber@CPname.domain (the customer doesn´t have .com) I dont know If I must use VPIM and FQDN (Can I use the convination VPIM+mailboxnumber@CPipaddress).

In the other hand, I tried to receive a fax in outlook, from a Fax machine a call to extension and I wait for user mailbox and after the a send the fax, but It failed, I dont know if this is the correct way to receive a fax or I have to tell the calling that presses an option after the tone for sending a fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back