Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Delayed Messages or none at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleplop

Vendor
May 28, 2003
US
I have a Call Pilot 201i that is fairly new (3 months)
Customer is complaining that intermitently, outside and inside callers will leave a message and they hear the prompts that the message was sent however, the reciving party doesn't get the message. This is not happening alot but I am waiting for it to happen to a really important call and then they will get really mad...LOL! Any help would be appreciated.

Teleplop

HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY CALL PILOTS FOR LATE DELIVERY, WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT MESSAGE WAS SENT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Do they get the messages, and they are just delayed? I had an issue similiar, messages would be left, but the light wouldn't come on for sometimes a day or more. Out of 300 users I only had 3 with this intermitant problem. A reboot of the CP, so far seemed to remedy that issue. I'm not a fan of a reboot for a fix but this actually has worked.

PERRYPJ. Say I get to your mailbox, and I hear your greeting. Then I get the tone to leave a message. I record and when I am donr, I hang up. Now as the user you go in the next day and you have no messages. That is how the customer is describing it to me. It happen both from outside callers and from internal callers.

Teleplop

I was just asked the same question today about a MeridianMail mailbox. Message gets left, no light on the phone. Customer checks messages later after the light comes on, and hears a message that was quite old and should have turned the light on a long time ago.

I've also had the case where someone listens to their messages, then checks them again later in the day, and hears a message that should have been there the first time they checked.

Has anyone had these problems, or do I need to teach me folks how to tell time? LOL

What release is the call pilot running? I would follow pbxn's advise, but if you have to reboot it you might aswell check its patches, load any new ones it is missing and then give it a kick in the arse. I had similar problems with meridian mail and found on that occasion that a delete and re-instatement of the effected mailboxes seemed to fix the problems, although it was not all mailboxes, only a handful.

Cheers

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back