Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot CPSECPEP017S update question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcvh1

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
Hello All,
I have a customer that wants to do an SEC update with the latest CPSECPEP017S. Along with it they want to do a Microsoft MS14-068 Kerberos patch. I have a couple of questions here. First of all, this is a multiple site setup. I will be doing most of the sites remotely. I've already done my homework regarding doing the SEC remotely and it is supported.

The first question I have is:

I will not know the patch levels of each of these servers until I access them remotely. So I will not know what SU is installed until I start this procedure. The question is - Can I put this latest CPSECPEP017S update on a sever that has an older SU then 11? If it is at 10, 9 or even 7 for that matter will that cause a problem? My guess is no but I want to make sure. Whenever I have done these updates in the past I have always brought the server up to the latest SU first. By the way, I am told that all of these servers are at 5.00.41

The 2nd question I have is:

Is anyone familiar with this Microsoft MS14-068 update. I am assuming it should be installed after the CPSECPEP017S, or does it even matter?

You need to look at the Read Me file and it will tell you all you need to know. I would not install a Microsoft Hot Fix that is not in the Security Pep, it's not supported that way.

MS14-068 is approved for installation on CallPilot (CallPilot Server Security Update - 2015). I would install it after the CPSECPEP017S since it replaces an older hotfix that might be installed by the PEP.

Where did you find that info StanleySteamer? I have never seen an individual MS update on the ESPL.

KCFLHRC - I went through the read me files and there is no information regarding the SU question.

SS - Thanks for the update onthe MS14-068

If you follow the rules in the Read Me then you should be fine. Just remember the server needs SP2 before installing this patch.

So as long as the SU is not mentioned in the read me it doesn't have any impact on the SEC, I could be at SU 7 as long as it is sp2?

You are correct, the Read Me does not mention anything about a specific SU. I still have not found any mention of MS14-068 on the ESPL website though.

The security bulletin is included in the available downloads when you select the SECPEP on the ESPL.

I only wish that the SECPEP updates recognized the hotfixes that are already installed. Instead the PEP seems to reinstall every hotfix published. If it took 2 hours to install CPSECPEP016S then it probably takes 2 1/2 hours to install 017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back