Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot CLAN Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwramirez

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2004
US
We recently upgraded to Call Pilot, and I set up the CLAN IP Address for Administration. It worked great but did not function the next day, so I rebooted the Call Pilot, and it worked again. The next day, same issue occurred. I viewed the Alarm Message Log and noticed that DHCP Service was loading with an error, and also that the DHCP Lease had expired. Are these 2 issues causing a problem with my CLAN configuration, and if so, where do I modify them?

G.William Ramirez

Lease had expired.. that is normal for a reboot, the bad load on the dhcp is a problem.. you set the clan ip address, ? did you enter an ip, or check enable dhcp? i would reload the service pack, seems with server problems the pro's always want that done 1st.. you don't want to allow that error to continue.. and as soon as nortel gets envolved they will have you do a backup and reload from the install wizard.. i think they do that because you called and made them answer the phone... doing that means you can't call back for a couple of hours

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks. I will troubleshoot the issues, and reference your response when I get back from BCM Bootcamp in Canada.

Have a great weekend.

G.William Ramirez

good luck on the bcm training, that's a new way to do a old idea. i've only installed a few and it was when they were the first ones around here. not that hard of a system. except for customers not wanting to pay for enough bandwidth between sites, they seemed like a good little system. with bandwidth dropping in price, we'll have a lot more voip to play with

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The CP server CLAN address requires a STATIC IP address NOT DHCP.

If all the above suggestions fail, check the amount of drive space on your callpilot C drive. We experience an issue with call pilot shutting off the CLAN when we had scheduled backups run. The problem was fixed after finding a Nortel document reporting the same issue and it stated that the C drive was low on space. We cleaned out some files we had stored there to make more space available and the problem went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back