Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Back up to local PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFLHRC

Technical User
Aug 16, 2011
US
I have a Call Pilot upgrade coming up and was wanting to try and back up the old and restore the new from a shared folder on my laptop. I found some information regarding doing this on a PC that is in a work group but not a PC that is part of a domain. So my company laptop is configured on a domain and the customers Call Pilot is not. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help

If you can logon to the CP console and "see" your laptop through the network (maybe open a command window and ping the IP address) then you can most likely backup to it. I've mapped a backup device in callpilot manager to an ipaddress on the network -> "\\10.200.1.133\cp backup" and it does a daily backup to that location.

30n30w

The thing is the Call Pilot is on the customers network and my laptop is on our corporate domain. Not sure how it will work if the laptop is on a domain and the Call Pilot is in a work group.

If you're not attached to the customer network (vpn or remote access) then it's not possible to my knowledge. I thought you were plugging in to the customers network. Worse case, ask the customer if there is room on a network drive and use that for backup; once the backup is complete could then download it if needed.
30n30w

in the past i have left the Domain on my laptop to join workgroup, but you have to have admin rights to join the domain again once you are on the Corp network.

to join, you will be asked for the login, so you would log back to your domain with a user name: " corpname\username" as the username or some equiv.

also, it might work if you create the user account on callpilot to log into your share with the "domain\user" as the login user name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back