Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot autologin 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnichol

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
IS THERE ANY SPECIAL YOU NEED TO DO, TO GET AUTOLOGIN TO WORK. I MADE THE MAILBOX CLASS AUTOLOGIN. WHEN LOGGED IN TO THE MAILBOX I DIAL 80 AND THEN TRY TO DIAL 4 AND GET A BEEP THEN A RECORDING. IT IS WORKING ON SEVERAL MAILBOXES THAT WERE SETUP SEVERAL YEARS AGO NOW IM TRYING TO SETUP ANOTHER ONE BUT ITS NOT WORKING

Are you logging in from a DN that is specified as the AutoLogon DN?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

grnichol,

Sorry, I know you stated "I MADE THE MAILBOX CLASS AUTOLOGIN", but did you also check the box beside the DN that allows auto-login?

(I gotta cover everything even if it seems self-evident).

Dale.

From a security standpoint, I'd keep auto login's to a minimal, especially if your mail/pbx is not locked down.
There's "services" out there that will allow, if you pay, a person to spoof a caller id. With auto login enabled, there's a possiblity that a undesirable may try to use that to gain access to your environment.

pbxn - that's a great point. One that is a "new" issue in the last few years

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back