Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot Applicaion Builder error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eitsalo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2006
CA
Hello,
Re: Cal Pilot Application Builder
I am getting "The system could not load the application from the server, Please check the connection to the server and try again" on two of my apps. I can retrive other apps without any problems.
Do you know what is causing this problem and how I can fix it.
PS.I've posted this under CP Messaging.. without any response for days.
Thanks in advance!!!

I have had this issue.

I had an application open and the program had an abnormal terminiation. When I tried to re-access that particular application it would not let me.

Since application builder data is stored actually in Call Pilot, it is safe to just re-boot the application server. Then it let me back in.

I have the same problem when trying to access CP App builder from my PC, but I can access it from the OTM PC. I used to be able access it from the PC.

Mine has been installed for 4 years without any problem and we haven't done any patches or upgrades.

Problem:
When I launch app builder I can see the files stored on the server but cannot open an existing one or create a new on.
I get the following error whether I 'm on the lan or with a crossover cable between server and my pc.
"system could not load the application from the server please check the connection to the server and try again"

I was able to resolve it by:

Logging on to the server and at d:\nortel\filetransfer there are 2 files
(could be different per site).

Remove these files from the folder and restart application builder. (if you are nervous about deleting the files then instead of deleting just rename them. Then you have a way back)

There is a patch on Nortel web site for this:

PEP Number: CP404S03G02A

When you modify an application and it terminates incorrectly i.e. you drop connection or whatever, a copy of the Application has been put into a Folder named TRANSFER. Do a search on CallPilot for *.ed files. You will find that a copy is in a folder named TRANSFER. You will also find all your applications in another folder. Leave them alone.

Only delete the one you find under the transfer folder that you cannot access. I believe the name is the application ID you assigned. You have to delete this file (*.ed) from that folder.

I have done this many times as I do a lot of remote CallPilot and get disconnect while modifing an APP Builder file. You will find that the file is under D:/Nortel/cust/.

When you delete the file, all changes that you had made will not be there and you will have to modify the file again with any changes you want to make.

Rebooting the CallPilot wont help you get the application back that is in limbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back