Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot App Builder Thru Dial by name

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtelecom

Technical User
Aug 20, 2009
US
I'm using App Builder 5.0. There are multiple depts on our CP & one dept wants an App w/ Dial By Name or Number. The Dial by Number works. How do I restrict Dial by Name to only identify/offer the names in this particular dept? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't suppose you have Nuance Speech Attendant do you? You could do it with that application.

Thought a new restriction / permission list could be created. Maybe that would work if their extensions are all within a certain range although may not work for dial by name.

Under the mailbox properties there is a box labeled "Name dialable by External Caller" You can enable this only for those in that department.

when you transfer to the sub menu for that department you can add the prompt there to dial by name..

Main Menu:

Thanks for calling the International Clown Company. If you know the extension of the clown you are trying to reach you may dial it at any time.

For our Friendly Clown Dept press 1
For our Scary Clown Dept press 2
sub-menu:
For scary clowns press 1
For real scary clowns press 2
To use the scary clown directory press 3

set a thru dial to dial by name.

Hope this helps

Thanks Janaya. The box box labeled "Name dialable by External Caller" was checked by default. Removing it was tedious, but it worked. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back