Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot access by modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaco235

Instructor
Dec 3, 2002
CA
I have tried to access the call pilot 150 by modem and I have done all the nessary progamming on my pc and when I reach the admin mailbox and dial the modem password it does not work, any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Jaco235

What do you get when you dial the modem access password?
You should get something along the line of " 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" then the modem squeal for you to connect. Are you at least getting this?

I do not get the count down and no modem squeal and I did activate the modem on the call pilot wih a pass word.

Thank you.

Jaco 235

Try calling in with a regular phone and see if you get the countdown....if you do not then there is an issue onsite, try rebooting CP and make sure that modem is infact on...btw the modem uses up 3 ports while dialed in via modem for those who didnt know.

spoclogo2.jpg

I can now access the modem of the call pilot but can not access the call pilot manager on the Internet explorer even with an ethernet crossover cable with the ip address set at 192.168.110.10 wich I have checked with a serial connection on another Call Pilot. Am i doing something wrong here, any help on this matter would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Jaco235.

now I dont know if this is a possiblity for you but here is what we have done with our Call pilot 100's

we bought a Modem router and bascily use it as a smart modem.

hook in a 1fb to the line port on the unit then give the modem router a ethernet connection to your local LAN or if no local lan exists give the CP a dummy IP address and give your modem router the same dummy address scheme.
then jsut make a ethernet connection from the 10/100 port on your CP.

Then all u need is basic windows dial up to connect to the router and your computer is now a device off that LAN. you can then jsut manage it thu the browser like u would normally..
If you want a more detailed description of this process let me know

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

oh I forgot to mention on our CICS's we hooked the analog port into the line in on the router then removed the line apper. from the DN.
we then set up a CCR tree with a secret option 8 wich does a transfer to that DN . works pretty good as a back door in

Mario Mazza

In Nortel documentation it is said that we are suppose to be able to have access with an ethernet crossover cable connected directly to the callpilot.Has anybody had any luck on this procedure, I think that something is missing on Nortel documentation.Thank you in advance for your help.

Jaco235

You need to set your computer with the same subnet so that it can look for the callpilot. What we did was setup the computer with the ip address of 192.168.110.20 and then when we went into internet explorer and typed in 192.168.110.10 it brought up the manager.

Nothing is missing on the Nortel documentation. I have followed it to the letter and had it work no problem - with both a cross-over cable and dial-up.

a. For direct connecion with cross-over cable - what is the IP address of your laptop when you use the cross-over cable?(it shouldn't be 192.168.110.10 - this is the call pilot's, make your laptop 192.168.110.20)

b. For modem connection - when you connect using the modem the ip address is different than through the cross over cable (default is 192.168.0.1 for the modem)

Jaco,
It is CRITICAL that you have the subnet mask set correctly in your lap top. Try 255.255.255.0

PhM

I know 192.168.110.10 is the default IP Call pilot puts in the unit.
But u can change it.
upon start up use a 9 pin to 9 pin cable connected to your com port on your PC/Laptop
Run your term. emulation programm set for 9600 baud and com 1 or whatever com port ur hooked to.

right away as you power the unit on start pressing the space bar till you see a thing on screen asking you if you want to continue or modify
Press a "M" for modify
then it will walk u thu setting up a new IP address to match your address scheme or the address scheme of the customer.
subnet should be as said above 255.255.255.0
and it you want access over the WAN you will need to put the IP of the gateway
and alot of times depending on your router u might have to put in a static IP for your CP
I also change my time on start up from 2 secs to 4 caus e you gotta be quick to enter this thu the com port.

Mario Mazza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back