Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 5.0/Outlook 2007 cached mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo0ord

Technical User
Feb 17, 2009
US
One of our execs travels on road quite often. He uses cached mode to access his emails when he can not connect to the network. The trouble is that when he launches outlook call pilot 5.0 launches as well, since it can not authenticate to the server call pilot bombs out & his machine locks up. Outside of removing call pilot from his default mail profile is there any setting i can change when he works in cached mode that he wont be affected by this?
any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you are on the latest desktop client. I believe the newer clients will time-out if they cannot ping the e-mail server after a pre-determined time.

You may also want to look at having him use a .pst or .ost rather then cached mode though I think you'll still have the same problem if the CP app is tied to Outlooks start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back