Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 5.0 Desktop Messaging Faxing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

np6179

Vendor
Nov 7, 2008
US
I'm trying to figure out how many pages I can send out when faxing out of Desktop Messaging. I've got a user trying to send a fax of 20 pages and it's not letting her. I've tried myself and the max seems to be about 17 pages. I looked in the Call Pilot under Messaging->Messaging Management and the maximum pages per fax item is 50. I've also looked under Messaging->Outcalling Administration and the maximum tranfer time for delivery to fax is 3600 seconds or 60 minutes. Since sending a fax of 20 pages takes neither greater than 3600 seconds nor goes over the max of 50 pages I'm kinda miffed. Please tell me what you know or else where to find this info. I've looked in the Desktop Messaging and My CallPilot admin guides and cant find this info. Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

It has to do with the mailbox class of service, I believe it is the composed message length, if you hover over the settings it will say how many minutes = how many fax pages.

That was what it was. Thanks a lot BombOne!

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back