Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 201i

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPCLI

Programmer
Jan 27, 2008
CA
No video

went thru nortel recommended steps remove ram etc no good

starts up t01 thru t08 no errors

scrolls at host

anyone had any success with this.

I don't understand your question.... Is there no video on the monitor you have plugged into the 201i ??

"Mongo only pawn in game of life.

yes no video at all cant reimage

what's showing on the HEX display now or after you power it up and let it shit for a few minutes?

Is this an old system?? How does the hard drive sound when the cp boots up???

"Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Make sure your monitor is good, try it on a know good pc or try a different monitor.
I have seen many 201i's with monitor cable issues because people bend them.

hex continues to scroll host. Older 201i hard drive ok I can put in another 201i. Monitor ok works on another 201i

Host scrolling should be there for about 10 sec only and should start bootup. If its stopping it could be a problem with the bios/memory/cpu/video card.
If you don't see the BIOS boot screen at this point, then you might not be able to diagnose any further.

If you have another 201i and preload the image and then move the HD to the one having problems, you try to see if it will boot at all off the HDD. Remove all items like the CD Rom and Tape drive Modem and so forth so you only have the HDD and server running.

Also make sure that the BACKPLANE of the cabinet has no bent pins.

What is the NT number of the card and what type of cabinet are you installing it in?

If you moved it to another 201i and it worked fine then I would say you have a bad card. Video components do fail. Replace the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back