Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

almostretired

Vendor
Jan 20, 2004
I have a CallPilot 150 with 3.1 software connected to An MICS running 6.1 software that has been working for 1 year and 5 days (who's counting).That's the last time I had to replace this one due to a power hit. At that time a UPS was installed.
I was told F981 just returned "Inactive Feature" and expected just to have to do a reboot. I did connect my laptop via serial cable to watch the boot sequence (which I've done before on other CP's).
When I rebooted, the TCM lights came back on solid as did the netwrk and the system ready light. The 10/100 light flickers. There is also no output through the serial connection. The TCM lights do not cycle.
The CP and the KSU are on the same output of a 1000va UPS (made by APC) which says it is also Surge Protected. The power supply says it is 8 volts which is the hew one but just in case, I replaced it as I too have had a number go bad.
On each of multiple reboots, the TCM lights always stay on solid and do not cycle as is normal and no serial output. The KSU can see the CP ports looking through maintenance.
I did not power down the KSU and then bring them up together as there is a lot of call volume on the KSU which would be a further irritant. I could do so if push comes to shove.
As always..........your help is sincerely appreciated

Both the old and the new Power Supplys appear to be good at 8V output.

Isn't the power supply rated for 9VDC?
Check the label on the PS.
It's been my experience that if you are not getting the exact voltage required, the CallPilot will not boot up.
Check it with a Volt/Ohm meter to be sure of the output.

If there is a RAD on site, you can use it's power supply as a test too.

-SD-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back