Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 upgrade 2.0 to 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM Voice Data

Technical User
Nov 28, 2017
CA
I have been reading as much as possible about upgrading a Call Pilot 150 Mini from 2.0 to 3.1 software.
But i just want to be as sure as i can before i take out the old card and insert the new one (which i already have)
the system is not in use but it has 32 mailboxes and some Call center applications which i don't want to lose.
I have done a REINSTALL and everything is fine in that regard.
i will be installing this at a customer location very shortly, but it needs the French prompts, which the 2.0 doesn't have.
i tried to change languages from a Call Pilot CD, but it failed to complete the operation.
I don't have an upgrade card.and i don't have access to be able to download from Avaya
If i just do a backup, then remove the old software card and insert the 3.1 card, will my system work?
i am just worried about losing my keycodes on a perfectly good unit.And, as there aren't any mailboxes or greetings, etc, is the backup even necessary?

By just inserting a new software card you will need to reenter the keycodes. Upgrade card is the way to go if you don't have them or get an authorized Avaya BP to get them off of the KRS. Backup only contains customer programming.

Marv ccna

Power down the unit. Leave the 2.0 in and install the 3.1 card in the top slot above it and power it up (while connect to a system) and let it do it's thing. The lights will flash for a while and when the eventually go completely blank, it means it's complete. If you happen to leave it past the time they go blank, the unit will just boot up as normal and you can eventually power it down and remove the 3.1 card from the top slot.

The 2.0 card will now be at release 3.1.

Or save yourself the headache and just put in the 3.1 card and get an NTKC0094 16-seat mailbox code off eBay for $30 (default unit has 20, so this would bump you to 36)

No way upgrading is a headache...do as #1 states and you can use a standard 3.1 software card, once your 2.0 is upgraded to 3.1 keep it for a spare or sell it depending how much you paid.
I have upgraded over a hundred Callpilots using standard 3.1 software.

I use the latest Nortel build 31.10.36.22
The lasted Avaya build is 31.10.37.22 in case you want Avaya Logo on your web pages.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks for the input guys!or girls!
i will have my 3.1 software in a couple days so i will try the Number1 method first.
so my keycodes should be safe with this method, right?
If the 3.1 software is English/Canadian French, will i immediately have it available, or will i have to complete the language utility from the CD?Right now i have Spanish as a 2nd option.
BTW i set up my profile as a technical user, but i should have selected vendor, somehow i didn't see that.
2nd BTW, if you buy a keycode for $30, who will activate the code? i would be scared i might just be getting a $30 sheet of paper.
legitimate dealers would want a heck of a lot more for the keycode, I've never even seen a 2 mbox code for that price, and i am in Canada, so multiply everything by 1.4.

just to be sure, my keycodes will, or should survive when i use Number 1 method?

and will my new language be readily available?
i know that i will have my answers within minutes of putting the 3.1 software into the upgrade slot, but it would be nice to know in advance what to expect.

Finally received my software today. I now have 2 upgraded Call Pilots with Canadian French as the 2nd language, and all my keycodes etc is in place as before.
I had to use the language utility off the CD to replace Spanish with French, but everything went exactly as it was supposed to, no issues at all.
Thanks for your help getting this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back