Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 Outbound Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donebrokeit

Programmer
Aug 13, 2007
CA
Hi, All. I have a situation with callers being transferred to a cel. phone from Call Pilot on a CICS system. Firstly, when a caller phones the Main Office number, a receprionist transfers the call to a Managers mailbox, the caller is prompted to "Press 7" if you wish to speak to the Manager on his cel. phone. The system has been programmmed to pick Line 7 to make this Outbound call. That works OK. Second Scenario, There is a direct line to Call Pilot from outside the office, that gets answered by an AutoAttendant on this system. The caller then directs themselves to the Managers mailbox, where they again are prompted to "Press 7" to reach the Manager on his cel. phone. The call tries to use Line 7 but promptly hangs up an a message says that that feature has not been programmed. My question is "What Featue"? How do I get a direct call to call out to a cel. phone ? Thanks.

the managers phone may not have outbound transfer enabled or it may not have a line or pool assigned to outdial. also the user has to program the function in admin opt 8.

----------------------------
'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Is the back door line 7 as well?

Strange that it would work one way and not another.

forgot to mention that if you have call transfer or centrex transfer on your outside lines you can let the VM do a flash(link in norstar) and dial on the same line and release the line.

'Rule 29', "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum - hope you can help....
I have a interesting problem with a Norstar Call Pilot 150 working with a MICS 7.1 with latest software revs

The auto attendant seems to be calling out by itself. When the receiving caller picks up the phone he hears the auto attendant greeting - already about 5-8 seconds into the main greeting. This is the person receiving the call!
I have disabled outbound transfer and message notification - and the outbound call does not show anywhere in the outbound log on the Call Pilot. This is very intermittent. The only commonality that we can see is the system calls telephone numbers of people that has been called from the system at a previous time (including my own cell phone). The MICS does not have CLID line cards (only LS/DS line cards)Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back