Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 150 failing to listen on port 2223

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarik20

Programmer
Jan 23, 2014
CA
Hi everyone, i have a Windows XP Professional SP2 running as a Windows Virtual Machine on a Windows 7 laptop.
I have installed RCC Version: CPL_CC_31.10.28c.22_10_31_2007
The laptop's Network card is bridged and the virtual machine has a separate IP address.
My Call Pilot 150 version is 31.10.14.22.

When running the connection test i can see that ports 8088 and base port 2222 are passing, however, port 2223 isn't. I believe the issue can be with missmatch of software versions between Call Pilot and RCC or possibly this port 2223 is blocked on CP150 31.10.14.22 version.
would there be anything else to look for? I hired a telcom company but they keep running me around by first saying that first i had to downgrade from SP3 to SP2 which i did and now they are telling me that i should not run this on a virtual machine. i am really stuck here and need to finish this project ASAP.

Thank you in advanced.

I would tend to agree, it is designed to run on it's OWN PC with XP running SP2 ONLY.
Even installing IE8 will result in issues and a complete reinstall.

If you want to try and cheat (which is fine to try) and use XP mode then your on your own unfortunately as vendors and Nortel/Avaya will not support anything but.

Always check compatibility before doing any upgrades on software's.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

The vendor provided his own pc today and the issue persisted on a stand alone pc as well. The next step will be to reinstall the CP S/W or possibly replace the call pilot. I hope i wont have to do this due to its cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back