Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 Basic Call Center -- BUSY/Auto-Logout Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I just purchased and installed a Call Pilot 150 to replace our FlashTalk system, expecting to now be equipped with a robust call center system. Unfortunately, I quickly became aware of several limitations related to this system, and I need any advice/tips anyone might have to maximize the usability of this system.

Biggest problems:

1) If an agent misses a call, that agent is either: logged off OR set on BUSY mode, depending on the CC configuration. However, the agent has no idea of knowing that he missed a call, so unless he manually checks to see if he is still available/logged in, he will never know that the system has changed his state. Wouldn't be great if they put left an option to allow an agent to miss several calls before being set to BUSY or logged off????

2) If an agent is on an intercom call or even a external call with someone else, there is no way for the system to alert the agent that a call is waiting. This is especially a problem if he is the ONLY agent logged in; I have several times in the day where only a single agent is logged in, and he has other responsibilities. He might be speaking to someone else and could easily interrupt the call in order to take a call from the CC, if only he knew there was a call waiting for him. (The IPView softboard would help, if I didn't have to spend an extra 1000$ to purchase a keycode for the CC reporting module).

Any ideas on how to solve any of these problems?

Call Center is designed for multiple agents. if you have only one agent then your going to have to route callers to overflow to either another agent an auto attendant another skillset or a mailbox. You could set the overflow to an extention which is the station that an agent is logged into with at least two intercom paths and that will ring that station. However if your single agent does not answer what should Call Center do? continue to route calls where it wont be answered?

Extend your call timer in the skillset.

Set up your primary & secondary alerts.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Thanks guys...

In answer to Bgun's question:
>> However if your single agent does not answer what should Call Center do? continue to route calls where it wont be answered?

I would like it to keep retrying that same, solitary agent for xx times, since in our CC application, it is unacceptable to go into a voicemail. If it exceeds the xx limit, then redirect to an another extension (actually redirected to an external cell phone chain).

I know this is probably impossible, so I will have to settle with what is possible.

I've done some reading regardin the primary and secondary alerts and will experiement with that... thanks for the advice.

No way to keep retrying if call is unaswered, however if the attendant were to make busy to help walk up customer than CC will keep caller qued depending on distribute time.
As far as primary and secondary alerts this will ring an extention as an effort to have a call answered that is in que based on the timer. That will fall back to who would answer that alert!! you can setup rules to route calls out of the system but those calls would not be to agents and thus subject to any cell phone messages.

Okay, all of this has really helped out. I have the system working almost exactly as I would like it to.

Here's what I added so far:
1) Programmed F904 and F908 functions on indicator buttons on my phones. Agents now know if they are logged in, and if they are in PAUSE (a.k.a. BUSY) mode.
2) Setup the Primary (1 sec.) and Secondary Alerts (2 min.)
3) Setup overflow to go to a hunt group if no agents are available, or if calls last longer than 7 minutes in the queue.

Question #1: when a logged-in agent is on an intercom call or non-CC routed call, we now get the F904 button to flash (thanks to the primary alert). This is a start, but I would like the agent to get an audible alert that a call is waiting. Any solution for this? The phone IS setup with 2 intercom keys (as suggested in another post), but this doesn't seem to help.

Question #2: my overflow queue (as mentionned above) routes towards a broadcast hunt group (ext. 290). If I manually try to reach that extension, it rings & rings continually, which is fine. When the CC redirects via the overflow queue to this hunt group, after 4 rings, we get the CC voice mailbox (which I am not using anywhere else and would rather not use at all). How come is it not simply reacting the same way as when I manually address the hunt group?

Extend your call timer. CC is for inbound.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back