Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeberry

Vendor
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have two call pilots 100's installed about 6 months apart.
They are both front end, and they both are misdirecting callers when dialing extensions out of the greeting. If caller dials 221 out of the greeting the CP100 sends the call to 222. Has anyone else had this problem?

what system do you have the 100's working with and what release

not seen one like that so far ...did both have the same pblm?
post the versions of the CP and the Norstar

how many digits on the norstar and how many on the CP ...is it analog lines and are they noisy enough to misrepresent dtmf?

One of the systems is a 6.1 and the other is a 6.0. They have both 3 digit extensions. They are both experiencing the same problems. All of the lines are analog and clean. My cards are NT7B75AAAE with the 7th dip switch in the "on" position. These are the only two Call Pilot 100's that I'm experiencing this problem. The S/W versiion of the Call Pilots is not 2.0

is it happening always ...is digit 1 being sensed as digit 2 always or is it random ...

i guess u can return as a faulty item and get a replacement

The callers are not dialing out of a tree, they are dialing the extensions out of the greeting. The call pilot is transfering the callers to the incorrect extensions. This happens about 6 out of 10 times.

You've probably checked this, but make sure the greeting is correct.

The TT gate is not enabled. I've checked the greetings-all OK. The only thing I guess I've left to do is to reinstall. If this does not ive me a fix, then I'll put in another voicemail. Thanx alot for all of your inputs/suggestions. If anyone ever runs into this problem, plz post your solution.

I reconfigured both of the Call Pilots and the problem went away. Thanx for all your help

Success is not measured by what you know, but what you can do with what you know.

Hey ddeberry,
You might also want to check thread799-95209. If this problem creeps back up on you after the reinstall(which it most probably will). You should know that there is a DSP patch to correct the above issue you have been experiencing. You have to Telnet into the CP100 and insert the patch and then reboot. I've done it twice and the trouble went away for good.
This will be a better solution for your customers..as replacing the VM means time and money for all.

Best Regards,

Sorry I put the wrong thread number..Its actually..
Thread799-952059

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back