Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exforky

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
US
We received a Call Pilot 100, with some oddities, I just wanted to ask before installing it and ending up with problems. First the software card in it says
"CP100 3.1 UK ENG/AUST ENG" - This is for the US will that be a problem?

Next the power supply is just a generic one( prongs come out of the case ) it says " Class 2 transformer AC/DC Adapter Model:OH-48052DT" it's output is 9VDC 1000mA. We have another CP100 and it's power supply is a brick with a cord(2 prong) that attaches to it to plug into the wall. The brick says Nortel on it, with an output of 8VDC 1.2 A

You can change the Lang with the CD so that is not a problem.

There were issues with the 9volt supplies so that I would see if your vendor would replace with an 8 volt.

The language utility on the CD lets you replace the languages on the card with any 2 other languages. You'll most likely want NA English and Spanish. You need to network the CP to your PC with a crossover cable. Then run the language utility on the CD. The rest is self explanatory.

As Hawks mentioned Nortel now ships 8vdc power supplies with all new Call Pilots.

Brian Cox

I stumbled across this thread with a similar problem (hope you don't mind). My CP came pre-loaded with English and Mandarin (great) but the vendor did't provide a CD. They claim none of the CP they sell ever come with CDs. Is this possible? Can i download the contents of the CD from anywhere?

Thank you for all the replies.
So far both that we have received came with CD's, the one with
the language question, even though the cartridge said Uk/AUS
when I initialized it, it came up as English ( North American ) maybe the vendor already did the language update or something?

The power supply went back, with a CP that had the wrong version of software and they said to send it back, turns out the power supply wasn't for a CP at all. Heh.

Karlos unless you are buying a refurbished CP it should have a CD with it.

Thanks for your replies, I'm going to contact our vendor and push them for a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back