Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 too much silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallscity

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have a Call Pilot 100 connected to a Mod ICS. When AA answers the lines the greeting plays then the CCR greeting plays and then I have 8 seconds of silence before being transferred to the General MBox. Is there a way to shorten up this
silent period to 5 seconds or less?

As far as I know.. You can not change this.. The Callpilot waits for you to input an item, even if you are not using a CCR tree. With my past experience it typically goes to the operator, which usually has the general delivery mailbox.

If you want callers to go to the general delivery mailbox/receptionist faster, consider using the touch tone gate. This requires callers to select a CCR option or be routed immediately to reception. Better for areas with a lot of rotary service still in place.

PhM

I Moved all my greetings to greeting 1, recorded a split-second of silence
in ccr tree 1, and still had 8 seconds of silence. I then recorded a half second
of silence in the touch tone gate, I then got 11 seconds of silence. I turned
the touch tone gate back off - 8 seconds of silence is a long time when your
on hold but I think with all the transfers the system is doing it will have
to stay, it could be more.

You should keep your touch tone greeting off,nothing to do with your problem.the system has a time out if no action is done from the greeting and thats about 8-10 sec.you can't do anything about that.You said its going to the General delivery not the operator ,do you want that or you want to go the operator extension instead,if thats the case you should turn on the operator ext. and make avaible under feat 982.and make sure its the same in the greeting table. the time out to extenion (operator) is usually shorter than the general delivery.

Good Luck.

General Delivery is where the customer wants all the after hours and unanswered calls
to default to . There only concern is the 8 seconds of silence, they would like to get
that down closer to five seconds. I'm thinking of moving their AA greeting to the touch
tone gate and recording a second of silence in the AA greeting that might split the
silence up - two seconds before the greeting plays and then a shorter silent
period after

I don't think so ,but give it a try.
As long as you will time out or transfer to general delivery it will be about 8-10 sec. delay.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back