Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott888

Technical User
Dec 15, 2009
CA
Hello everyone,

I am the person with call pilot problems where deleted messages keep coming back. The software version is 3.0. What I am planning to do is install new software with v version 2.0. My question is I was wondering if I could back up the 3.0 and do a reinstall on the 2.0 to keep the same greeting and mailboxes etc. Also, would I have to take out the capacitors as well to allow the software to work, as going backwards on software versiong on the CICS cannot be done without resetting. Please let me know asap. Thanks.

Scott

You have me really confused.What software are you taking back to 2.0? The Call Pilot 100, the Cics phone system or both? Next question is why would you want to go back in sofware versions? Go forward with your software to 3.1 for the Call Pilot & 7.0 for the Cics would be my suggestion.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the response. Actually the software I had in there was 3.1, not 3.0. And the previous software that had this same issue was 3.0. This problem of messages coming back was killing me, so that is why I went with 2.0. NOBODY has ever heard of this that I talked to, and was a huge problem. The funny thing I did notice from the 3.1 software, was after you deleted all the messages, it would automatically start replaying the deleted messages. Somehow I think this was related to my problem. The 2.0 did not do this. Not sure if this is the case for all newer versions, but there is definately a problem with some of them, two that I have had.

Thanks for your help

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back