Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilot 100 not honoring time table..

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyvegas

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2007
US
Okay, so this system I inherited is a CICS with a CP100 attached.

It's a small Dr's office, and all they want the VM for is for after hours "answering machine" ..

I set up Auto Attendant with the "Business Closed" pointing to a CCF tree with options as follows

1. Transfer call to Emergencey on call ( off premise number)
2. New location and bus hours (info box)
3. Leave a msg for the morning > General delivery mbox.

Pretty simple it seems, but even though I setup the office times in the Table, it doesn't seem to click over to "bus closed" at the time in the table. ???

Is there a special setting that has to be enabled to use the table rather than the operator status (manual) ?? or am I missing something.

Thanks

For Business Closed you need to invoke it by closing the business under F982

Instead record greeting 3 as the closed greeting.
In AA/Table tell Evening to play grtg 4
Tell Evening to start at 5pm

Kapeesh?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Make sure the clock and date on the phone are correct. Common issue is AM/PM not being correct. And the non-business time is correct again AM/PM. Also that you have set the non-business for EACH day of week.

Marv ccna

Leave a message in the mail box and check the message envelope to see if it matches the system time. think its 77 or 7.

curly it should play the Busness Closed with the time, the F982 let's you manually play it if your closing beforwe it is set to play.

Confirming: F982 "business open = N" will force non-business greeting until you manually reopen. If left open it will follow the table and play all greetings at the specified times.

Marv ccna

randy one thing I did find out a long time ago trying to test the time the greeting played. You need to give the system a good 5 minutes to sync up when you make the change. So if your testing bus closed and it's 4pm then set it to come on at like 4:05 to 4:10. I beat myself up a few years back playing with those greetings and times.

Thanks all... some good intel here!..

I'm going tomorrow to do some other tasks there and I'll see if I can get it working right..

Question ? The callpilot sets it's clock to the CICS clock right ??

Thanks again all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back