Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 Deleted Messages Coming Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott888

Technical User
Dec 15, 2009
CA
Hello Everyone,

I have a customer with a call pilot 100 who is having trouble with the general delivery mailbox. It seems that every so often, they will have all the previously deleted messages coming back as new, filling up their mailbox and forcing them to manually delete them again. Anyone ever had this happen to them, or know of a problem. I'm not sure of the s/w version. I was just going to turn the gd mbox off and add a new one for that ext, but I don't really want to do that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

No this system isn't even on their network. Very weird one for me.

If I knew it would fix the problem doing a reinstall I would do it. They have someone come in for very lengthy greetings so I will avoid that route. Thanks for the help, just wanted to see if anyone had this before.

Why not backup your greetings wavs and just reload them after re-install?

Corruption is software issue, like re-installing Windows you get rid of issues.

At least upgrade the software.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I'm not too familiar with backing up the greetings only. Didn't want to back up and restore if the problem may be put back in there. I already mentioned the upgrade, but they don't want to pay for it. Go figure. Thanks Again.

Ok now I really need some help. I have now replaced the call pilot with a new one, with 3.0 software. This same problem is happening again where all of the sudden, there are over a hundred messages in the mailbox that came back after being deleted. These are from 3 months ago and they were deleted at that time. I have seen the messages and know that it is happening for sure. Any other suggestions as my client is not too happy. I know there is a code to retrieve deleted messages while still in the call pilot session, but when you hang up, they are supposed to be unretrievable. Let me know if there is anything I can do or try. Thanks.

Scott

Yes I did a new install with all new greetings and everything. Going to try changing the COS and make the message retention time shorter.

Scott

No unified messaging or any other application, just voicemail.

Scott888, I think that you are on the right track by making the retention period really short in the class of service. This seems like a really odd problem but nothing suprises me with this product.It sounds like some kind of a user problem but I can't for the life of me think what they could be doing to make the messages come back 3 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back