Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100 - cannot reset sm pasword

Status
Not open for further replies.

whender

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
US
cag nnot reset sm password. did 985 and it said it reset, but it did not. used 100 101 102 with 0's 1's 1-4' on each with no luck. COuld sm mailbox be something else...if so how do i find it....

also, same system had admin 266 stuff reset...it does not work...have not shorted capacitor yet....will tomorrow...could i use debug.....same addresses amd mics..

any ideas?

tks wayne

I did try those, but plugged a phohe in and it wss 3 digit ext,
Tks

Cannot see the comment for "Spoiler" so not sure if you resolved issue.

You should not need to short the cap out.

Phone DN does not necessarily mean the voice mail system has the same length.

-If it is a used system you just installed then it might not be 3 digits like your phone is.
Your DN's and MB's must have the same length or it's reinstall time.

-Check MB length: try and leave a message with F980 to each on these mailboxes until it works: 10, 100, 1000, 10000
-Double check your procedure for reset: 985, 9, R****SM**WD
-Once it is reset double check your admin login: 983 12**** or 102**** or 1002**** or 10002****
-If the DN length does not match then you need to do a reinstall so that the voice mail system will then recognize the DN length of the phone system and adjust it's mailbox length to match.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I made a goof I guess...got onto cics 2 digit extension, no matter what mailbox I use for 980, says invalid mailbox 2 3 or 4 digits...
Tks

but plugged a phohe in and it wss 3 digit ext"
"got onto cics 2 digit extension"
-Which is it?
-Are you using 4 zeros
-You did not say if new install or not
-When you do F983 does it show on display as Inactive or Log: or Password?
-Did you try 10002****, 100002****, 1000002****?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

F 983 pswd....100 and 102 with differing number of zeroes....I did startup. On cics...Now factory default...did reinstall on callpilot...restarted cics then vm...vm shows 223 on f 985...regardless of 100 or 102 us 2 3 4 zeroes does immediate exit...cics7.0. Vm 3.0...tks,,,finally got in using 2xXxXx as password...able to get it to work....never seen that one
....tks for help guys...

Ah yes, you are right the initial config does require that 2xxxxxxx password.

When a voice mail is fresh out of the box or a reinstall was done you will always need to use config to setup the parameters before you can login with the normal credentials.
This is why I asked "what does it say on the display, Inactive, Password or Log"
All this time it was asking for a password yet you were trying to login instead.

Inactive: Use F903 (for the latest Flashtalk software's *)
Password: Use 2......
Log: Use 1XXXXX......

*Flashtalk software's (I think 1.9 and up) you first need to use F903 to confirm the Vmail's F codes by selecting OK then use config to setup the parameters.

Glad it works either way
[cheers]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks a bunch guys...
Never give u, never surrender...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back