Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pilot 100 and mics

Status
Not open for further replies.

whender

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
US
Call pilot 100 rel. 3.1 and MICS 6.1. Call pilot keeps disconnecting from MICS. Event log shows nothing. Both call pilot and MICS are connected to UPS. Feature 9*3 does nothing. Lights on Call Pilot show no connectivity to host. Green lights on 1/2 no lights on right side of box. System time is correct. Call pilot reconnects when it is restarted and all messages and announcements are ok. We have changed ports from MICS. NO difference. We have used new crossconnect cable. No difference. We cannot find any evidence of why this occurs. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for you help.

Wayne

I recently had this exact problem, it was happening for 2 weeks intermitently and the customer was rebooting the CP150 and finally it just would not come up. It was on a MICS6.1 and The verdict from Nortel was that something in the CP is causing the software corruption until it was totally inoperable. we ended up replacing it. I would do a backup ASAP!

I agree with ptstechnician I had a CP100 that had lights showing but would not boot up. after replacing the power supply the system started up. it seems the power supply had lost enough current that it could not drive the CP100. I noted slight swelling in the power supply.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for the suggestions, will try asap.

Wayne

I have seen this problem as well a couple of times. At times it has been the power supply and I have also had to replace the CallPilot.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Brian: side note on this. the replacement transformer for the CP is an 8 volt vs a 9 volt to reduce the current draw.(according to ITAS)

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

jerry is correct the new PS are 8 volts so that is what I would get first. Unfortunately depending on how long this has been in service the 9 volt could have already damaged the unit

there was a recall on power supply part# A0838158, this could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back