Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 100/150 .vbk files for greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigthumbs

Vendor
Jan 7, 2004
US
I have read other people ask this same question but have not read a true solution (besides copying from the manual).

I am trying to import a .vbk file into the newer 3.1 Call Pilot 100/150 for a Greeting. I have tried creating a sound file straight from the Call Pilot Player. I have tried converting a .wav file to a .vbk (which works) and then importing it. I have tried older and newer Call Pilot Players. All of the specifications match for the file, Bit Rate, Audio sample size, Channels, format. An error message comes up saying "wrong format".

I know what the manual says, but does it really work?

I don't think you can import a .vbk file. That is for messages. Greetings I think can only be .wav files.

.wav files for greetings (AA, CCR) on BCM's
.vbk files for greetings (AA, CCR) on Call Pilot 100/150's (option since 3.0)
No luck yet. I received one suggestion in a different forum. Didn't work. The manual does say it should work. Page 54 in the Call Pilot (100/150) Manager Setup and Operation Guide.

Well we had a client have the recodings done proffesionaly and according to the specs on page 54 however they will not import and get same invalid file format error.
I tried just converting one of windows sound files with the player then importing and worked just fine.

Seem like there is a spec missing somehow or the recorder is not converting properly at all times.

are you using Call Pilot Player 2.5? someone said that makes a difference. before you convert to a .vbk file, what are the property settings on that .wav file?
it does seem like just 1 setting I'm missing.

Well I asked the client to send me the .vbk files and also the orignal wav files so I could test it on my Call Pilot at home and got the same errors trying to import those vbk's.
I used my player 2.50 and converted the wavs.....same thing.

I opened up the wav using windows media player and then selected File/Properties and nothing showed up under bit rate so I was suspicious.

I then opened the file using Roxio sound editor then saved it with the nortel specs, used player to convert, imported and bingo we have sound so something was missed by the proffesional recording studio, funny thing though was when I opened the new file I created using windows media to see if bit rate showed up this time it did not.

Bottom line is do not trust media player to see bit rate and do not trust the proffesionals.....get a good sound editor and do it your self!!!!

So now I'm using Audacity sound editor to match the specs. no luck. still getting that error. if you have anything else curlycord, throw it at me. I'll owe you big time.

Maybe try coverting any wav file with Audacity and see if that works....if does your originals maybe corrupt in some way, should at least narrow down the problem somewhat.

Try other programs also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back