Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pilo 100/150 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarketb

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2008
US
Hi, We have a call pilot 100/150 that requires the users to change the password for thier voicemail every 60-90 days depending on the service class that is set.Is there anyway to completly turn this off so the password never needs changing?

Change the password renew days to 0 for that COS.

Actually we don't have a web interface .It is strictly voice mail with a nortel phone system.

Then they will have to change their PW every 60-90 days.
If you have a laptop and a cross over cable change your IP on LT to 192.160.110.11 and enter in your browser 192.168.110 10 then you could change it without being on a network.

Thanks for the help. Then the call pilot already has a static ip set ?If I connect to the call pilot directly will I be able to change it?

Yes, it's the last choice on the bottom left.

Adversity is Opportunity

When you follow cook's instructions, you'll be prompted for a password. It's the same as the password you use to log into f983, minus the 12, 102,etc...

So if you're logging in with 1021234, the browser password is 1234. You may be prompted to change it, and that will change your f983 password accordingly.

Thanks for all the help.I've been trying to get this info from AT&T for months. Even the tech who installed it couldn't or wouldn't tell me how to do it.

The tech who installed it should have left a CD on site with all the manuals on it. It's all in there.

You should probably push him to get it to you if it's not on site. It'll save you a lot of headache.

I have all the documentation. The thing that bothers me is that no one at AT&T or our contractor that we use ever mentioned that the call pilot had a web browser,and when
I mentioned it they suddenly remembered that it existed and wanted to charge me to make the needed changes.

When we are prompted(or told) to change the IP address of the CP, I will make a label with the new IP and put it inside the cover or with the docs so that the next person will be able to find the IP and interface the unit.

If you ever forget the new IP or can't get in using the default, use a null modem cable to the serial port on the CP,
open a teminal, set it to 9600, 8, none and 1, and reboot the cp. it will show the IP as it's booting

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

you have to get into call pilot through your laptop and click on mailbox admin., then class of service. the classes of service will appear. look for password expiration setting under the class of service you are using and set it to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back