Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pickup problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabs79

Technical User
Nov 16, 2006
FR
I have one telephone Cisco 7960 and 7 phones 7940 (busy trigger set to 1)
All the telephones are in a same group pickup.
And there is a hunting group(broadcast) configured for the 7960 that rings on all the telephones

My problem is when there is a hunting and if one 7940 is active, and after a while he unhooked he can't pickup the call!
Is it normal?

Thanks

why is the busy trigger set to one?

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

You can't use Call Pickup on phones in a Hunt Group. It doesn't work. Take the phones out of the Hunt Group and try it to verify. I have had the same issue in the past.

I’d say the hunt group is far more important that the call pick up.
I would utilize the second line on the phone.

Hope this helps.

and I would have to disagree as I have all my hunt groups that use pickup.
Also walked down and re-tested to verify.

Hope this helps.

Call pickup with a hunt no matter what version of callmanager has always worked.

Thank you for your answers i will redo the test monday
I am using a 4.1.3 and the busy trigger is set to one
because the users want to receive only one call.
Maybe with the busy trigger set to one call hunt with call pickup don't work??

Interesting, I have been told by 2 sources that Call Pickup doesn't work in Hunt Groups in CCM 4.1. And when they removed the Hunt group, it worked. I will test.

Call pickup/call groups are too essential to not have work. Review your hunt list/group settings.
As I stated, the Call pickup/call groups have always worked in every version of CCM.

Pndscm’s qoute

“You can't use Call Pickup on phones in a Hunt Group. It doesn't work. Take the phones out of the Hunt Group and try it to verify. I have had the same issue in the past.”

“Interesting, I have been told by 2 sources that Call Pickup doesn't work in Hunt Groups in CCM 4.1. And when they removed the Hunt group, it worked. I will test.”

Sorry sir, but you’re contradicting yourself. Have you had this issue in the past?

Not sure where you see the contradiction in my posts. In both I said that when the phones were in the Hunt Group's, CallPickup didn't work, when they were removed from the Hunt Group, it did worked. I was told by 2 sources that this was correct on CCM 4.1 and above. Now 2 other sources say it is not correct. I have no problem being proven wrong. I learn by my mistakes. I will test on my Lab system and prove which source is correct.

We've had 4.0 and 4.2 and on both there was no functionality to pick up a call ringing as part of a hunt group.
After seemingly trawling the world for eons for an answer I found the answer on this site.
Go to Enterprise Parameters. In Cisco Support Use 1 box enter "CSCsb42763" (without speech marks) and update. This then enters a Call Pickup Group option on the Hunt Pilot config page. Hey presto!
We also have all our phones set to busy trigger one so you aren't unusual.

Thanks Planetmaker. This may help me on a couple of my customers. A star for you.

Yeah no probs, I'm just happy to spread the word on such an annoying issue!

The bug in the software is corrected with a servicepatch. beschikbaar die dit soort problemen oplost. This patch is for CCM version 4.1(3)SR2 or higher.

1. Enter CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration in step 2. Change the value to nything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

But it's very sad to install a patch for this very very very simple features. Most PABX suppliers had it working in the seventies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back