Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call pick up on definity g3r

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQR

Technical User
May 1, 2009
US
I need advice on call pick up. If I here my co-workers phone ringing and I do *7 and pick it up on my phone how do I send it back to his phone?

Once you pick the call up you have control of the call. You'd need to use the transfer button in the normal way you transfer a call to send it back.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

I spoke to an AVAYA tech the other day and he said the same thing, that when I do *7 the call sholud no longer be on the co-workers phone and that I should have control of it, but it doesn't leave the co-workers phone. If you look at the c.w. phone you would see that it is still sitting on the 1st call appereance even though I have it on my phone.
So when I do transfer and the c.w.s number she ends up with two of the same calls or it goes into her voice mail when I transfer it back to her.
And of course she says that this dosen't happen to the other co-workers when they get *7ed.

depends on what type phone you have.

analog phone:
1. hit switch-hook (puts caller on soft hold, caller hears music if you have it)
2. you hear dial-tone, dial number to transfer or conference to, ring, answer, announce call.
3. hit switch-hook again to conference or transfer, then hangup or stay on call.

non-analog phone:
1. hit transfer button (puts caller on soft hold, music heard if you have it)
2. you hear dial-tone, dial number to transfer to, ring, answer, announce call.
If this is a call-appearance or bridged appearance and hitting transfer does
not give you dial-tone and seize a different call-appearance or bridged appearance, you may have to select one.
(dependent on the way your phone is programmed)
3. hit transfer again, then hangup.

or

1. hit conference button (puts caller on soft hold, caller hears music if you have it)
2. you hear dial-tone, dial number to conference to, ring, answer, announce call
If this is a call-appearance or bridged appearance and hitting transfer does
not give you dial-tone and seize a different call-appearance or bridged appearance, you may have to select one.
(dependent on the way your phone is programmed)
3. hit conference button again, remain on call, or hang up.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back