Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Parking via SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANLord1

Programmer
Jul 10, 2008
US
Call me a dummy but, I can't seem to get a park slot on an scn branch office(s)telephone for pickup from a different originating IPO? We are dealing with a IP500 ver 4.2. This stuff is so easy until.....
Any ideas out there?

Parking across an SCN does not work, never did.

Whats the work around? I was drumming up something like call-pickup which is an SCN feature. Xfer to an analog ext port and announce that ext as the, so called park code, to pickup!? Just a thought! Once its aquired, its good for another call!?

Lord

Am I on to something here!? I should change my handle to McGuyver. I miss this place! Too much work, so little to play in here!

Lord

Parking over scn does not work
You can only transfer it to ther other site

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

believe it, there doesn't seem to be a workaround, I spent about 4 hours with two systems here in my lab to try with all kinds of different shortcodes and tricks out of a hat, it didn't work for me.
But if you find a workaround then I will surely give you a star for posting it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Me too :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

The closest thing i have heard of was setting up conf bridges on buttons. You have to be careful because people could join your call. Another Idea might be to transfer to analog ports on the other IPO or the same one and use BLF and pickup.

I'll be looking for my star here soon boys and girls. Now its a Vision Quest!

Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back