Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregster1

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
Hello,

I have a customer that wants to be able to "Call Park" one of there personal C.O. lines that appear on there digital sets Can this be done? I know theirs no problem if it was an ABRDG-APPR. But haven't been successful with a personal CO config.

I have a G3SI running release 11.1.3

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I check both the administrator's guide for R11 and feature description for G3V3. Neither state an interaction between a PCOL and the Call Park feature. As a matter of fact the G3V3 book says a PCOL line can be transferred to station without a button for that PCOL. Since a Call Park is basically a transfer to common shared extension or a retrievable hold at the parking station and a PCOL can do both, it should work. I would be interested in knowing how it turns out. The only interaction that might cause you some trouble is having a button for that PCOL on the retrieving station.

-TJ

Make sure you have all the parameters for call park setup on the system. put a call park button on the set, call it, park it and go to another set and see if you can retrieve the parked call.

Thanks for all the input.
I was able to park, retrieve a parked call with no problem. The only thing that changed for me was that when you retrieved the parked call that is a ABRDG-APPR you dial the FAC then the ABRDG-APPR ext. regardless on what digital set you park it on. But when i made it a PCOL and parked it was different to retrieve it. And also created a little confusion on my part.
I dial the FAC then the EXT that is assigned to the digital set it was parked on in order to grab the call. This worked fine.

Thanks again,

Greg

Looks like i was premature in saying everything is working OK.

Here is my set-up. Please bare with me while i try to describe what im trying to accomplish.

I am in the process of installing a digital voice recorder to record emergency phone calls at our fire house. (I.E. 911)

This ext shows up on approx. 10 digtal sets as Abrdg-appr.
the actual analog port is used to operate a external bell for notification.

Problem is i need to record this ext when it is answer from any of the 10 phones. I know your not able to monitor the analog port and seize the call from a digital set at the same time because the PBX doesnt open up the analog port.

Thats why i wired the analog port diectly to a analog CO port and built a PCOL and populated the 10 phones with the PCOL. Which allows any of the 10 phones to answer it and i can half-tap the analog port and capture the calls.

Because this is a single analog line, the customer uses "Call Park" to free up the line.

Now when i park the call, it doesnt park in the common system ext. It actually keeps the line seized if though it was placed on hold. With one parked call and you call in again i get ringback tone and a WAIT indicator on my phone.

Any idea's!!!

Thanks,

Greg

Greg:
The call park feature places the call in a sort of limbo. When the feature codes are pressed the call is sent to the requesting station. Instead of recording the calls via the half-tap why not tape all sets via the handset.

This might be easer but hard to explain to the users that not only the 911 calls but ALL calls are going to be taped.

Just a thought
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ed,

Thats what i currently have on 2 stations and it works great. The recorder is located is the same building.

We are going to install a new centralized recorder that will cover our police, fire house etc. Which are in seperate buildings. The problem with using a handset patch is that there is a distance issue. It's about 1500 ft over our copper plant and the vendor doesn't recommend it.

The new system will monitor a digital set. What i was trying not to do was monitor 10 ports to watch these phones to make sure i didnt miss a recording.

Does this make sense?

Greg

Greg:
Ask the recorder vendor if you can tap the lines at the DMarc. This way the trunks are taped and all calls are recorded in and out. If you have seperate DID service just record the DID trunk group. But if the DMarc is not close to the recorder you might have the same distance issue

Just thinking out loud
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back