Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park Question 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wkeaton

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
US
We have a Definity G3si V9. I am new to adminstration on the system. I have a question about using call park. The feature access code for call park is *6. It is also assigned to the F2 button on the 7401 terminal. My question is how to use this feeature to park a call and retrieve it from another extension (terminal)? Thanks for your help.

Call Park
To park a call for retrieval from any extension:
1. Press <Transfer>.
[dial tone]
2. Dial the Call Park code *6.
[confirmation tone]
3. Press <Transfer> again.
4. Hang up.

To retrieve a call parked at any extension:
1. Pick up the handset or press <Speaker/Reset Spkr>.
[dial tone]
2. Dial the Answer Back code #6?. (check on your system?
[dial tone]
3. Dial the extension number where the call is parked.
[confirmation tone]
-CL

Thanks! That worked flawlessly. The only other question I have is how to do the call park using the feature button on the 7401 phone without having to use the feature access code directly.

I do not know about the 7401 phone, however, I would program

1) the *6 in the system speed dial list, eg dial code 50 to dial *6,
2) program the button on the phone to dial the system speed dial list access code then dial code 50.

I would say it is easier just to tell the user to use *6 and #6.

Hope this help!

you can also park calls at &quot;shared extensions&quot; that whay you can pick up a call from any phone.

you administer shared extensions via &quot;cha console&quot; page 2.

RTMCKEE

On a 7400 series phone you can program a &quot;call park&quot; button
rather than dialing the feature access code, you just hit the button to park the call. You can then page whoever and tell them to dial #6 xxxx (xxxx being the extension of the parked call).
You may also want to put the call park on a button that has a lamp, that way the person who parked it can tell if it gets picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back