Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call park feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetss

Technical User
Oct 11, 2009
US
I have one feature to implement.

Here is the scenario.

If I'm on the phone and someone parks it on my ext can it ring my ext after I hang up the call?

Can anyone help me on this.

call park does not work the way you described it.
Here is how it works:
Phone 1234 gets a call for phone 4567 which is busy right now. Phone 1234 uses the park feature using the softkeys and a park slot is displayed on the phone. Lets say it is 1111. When phone 4567 is free, phone 1234 announces to 4567 that they have a call parked on 1111. 4567 dials 1111 and the call is there.
The park slots are configured under the park configuration and it is straight forward. A range of DN's and their partition. That's all.

you can do a directed callpark which would send it to your number, but I do not know if it would ring after you hang up, but I am pretty sure it leaves a visual text message saying call parken on XXXX.

Hope this helps.

It will not ring after hanging up. It requires dialing a retrieval prefix followed by the directed call park number where the call is parked.
The only difference between park and directed park is that in directed park the user who parks the call can select the park slot number, where in park the slot is the next available.

yep, "can select the park slot number" which can be any number you wish.

Hope this helps.

Is this an internal or external call? If internal, the "Call Back" feature may be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back