Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call park feature code

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptech

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
I have two departments in the same building using the same system. The problem arises when both department place a coming call on park at the same time, the call can be pick up in either department. This means that calls intented for department A are being answer by department B, and visa versa This problem is causing confusion for the workers, and inconvenience for the callers. Does anyone have a solution?

the best way to reduce confusion on parked calls takes two things to happen, first is when a call is parked for someone to announce the park location, not just that the call is parked. second is to set the park mode to cycle (the park location is different every time) so that the attendent has to look at the park location before making the announcement, then the people have to hear the park location and not just assume the call is parked on "101 like it always is"

another possible is if you have 6.0 software you can use SWCA (system wide call appearance) locations to park calls. by that have one department use swca locations Feature*520-Feature*525 for parking calls and the other department use feature*530-feature*535 for their calls. calls are retrieved by dialing the swca feature code. If you have 6.0 software you shold check the docs on it.

If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

stillputtin
to riptech
As was mentioned before the SWCA is geat if you have the right software, but I find with a lot of my customer's they just don't get it. Remember most customers don't what to know how things work just that it is simple. Just a thought, have you tried creating multiple page zones so only the department that needs the page to answer parked calls gets it. The receptionist usually is the brightest bulb in the box and can page to the right location and give the parked call nimber. (eg. 101 / 102 etc.)
Anyway just a thought.

stillputtin,

If I can get customers to upgrade to 6.0 What would your opinion be for the minimum watts needed for the receptionist?

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back