Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park Button 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1A2toIP

Vendor
Jan 31, 2006
US
Customer is complaining that when they press the park key to retrieve a parked call the must answer drop or retrieve. Anyone have a work around?

What phone do you use.

I have 4625 and 4610 and only need to pusch the call-park button and i have the call back.

Greets Peter

I have 5410 phones. If I pick up from the same phone it works as you described, however when picking up from another phone it causes the prompt.

In the user field go to the Digital Telephony tab. When you select "Park" as the action, make sure you then put 1 in the telephone no field. This is identifying the park slot. Do the same for everybody else and you should be ok. Also, try pressing the button twice.

Thanks to all for the input. The customer seems to be OK with pressing the park key twice.

I am getting complaints of this also with 5400 and 5600 phones. It is confusing for the end user. Is there a way to get rid of this.

Also why would the drop feature drop the call completely. Why wouldn't it just place the call back on park.

Here is a neat way of doing park that I have found:

Create a short code :

SC:pICKUPxx
Feat:Acquire call
Line 0

on all the user phones program a button as Dial with the data as PICKUP

When the user presses the PICKUP key on the phone, it waits for you to dial the 2 digit code to retrieve. You dial it and it picks the call up off the slot you dialed in.

You can have them park calls with the other methods.

Works great.

In the next relase (R4), you can just hit Park and retrieve the call. That's how we do it, using Park w/1 in the Action Data Field.

Its worth huntign round the button functions as there are 3 different park controls; Park, Call Park and Park Call - and they all work a little differently. littlejon is correct that this seems to have been rationalised in 4.0 to a single Call Park function, presumable to remove the confusion and leave only one block of code to maintain.

I,m having same complaint from customer tried ronromano sc
but can,t find aquire call feture in drop down tab using 3.2.53

It might not be called Acquire call anymore I think its unpark call now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back