Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park and Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhayshk

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2016
US
The issue I am having is that when a user uses the call park and page feature, the call is parked and then the paging comes across the speakers of our handsets. This is no doubt functioning how it is designed, but for whatever reason a lot of the employees here hate the handset paging, so we removed the handset paging button that our installer set us up with. We also have overhead speakers throughout the offices and warehouse that are used for paging. I can't seem to find a shortcode that is for the call park and page. I was trying to find it and maybe alter the destination of the call park and page to the extension that pages our overhead units. Is this possible? I am starting to think that that park and page feature is hardcoded somehow.

PS I know that I can simply add a park button and a page button to get the desired result, but I was wondering if I could alter the park and page destination mostly because one particular user seems to have trouble operating the phones and this results in them diving deep into menus using items that other users don't. Frankly, I did not think our users had the ability to page the handsets anymore (without directly dialing the shortcode) until yesterday when she paged them. Unfortunately she doesn't even know how she did it, or at least is having trouble communicating it to me.

Check in your voicemail pro programming for the paging group / SC it uses

If people don't want to be in the paging group you need to take them out of the group not take their ability to page away by deleting the button.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I will check in the VMPro now. We did originally take out a few people from the paging HG that was setup, but with increasing complaints it was decided that our users did not need that feature and we needed to remove their access to page the sets, hence removing the button. Overhead paging button is only on 2 sets (our receptionist for the two sister companies. The phone I was next to when I heard the paging was in fact in our paging HG, but I am not sure if the park and page feature is linked to this group or hardcoded to page all available phones.

Looking in VMPro, the groups that are listed are the same as the groups setup in IPO. There is no programming on the VMPro groups and no settings to be altered. I can add/remove users to that HG in IPO however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back