Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call over SIP to Mitel VM hitting main greeting. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntBan

Technical User
Nov 5, 2001
US
We are using Mitel 3300 ICP Ver. 7.1. We have a SIP trunk set up to a Cisco Unified Comm. Manager (CUCM). Calls are working fine.

However, the question is re. the VM integration. I have Mitel VMBs set up for CUCM & Mitel extensions. Everything seems ok, except that, when I call from CUCM ext. to the Mitel VM hunt pilot, I get the open greeting. I can see on the SIP trace that the correct number is being sent, and that it matches the VMB number.

Are there any known limitations or special configs when connecting to Mitel VM via SIP trunk?

Also, separate issue, but I notice that the CLID information between the 2 systems over the SIP trunk is pretty light.

Sounds like the voicemail is treating your call as an external call. Try setting "Private Sip Trunk" to yes in the SIP peer profile. This will tell the 3300 to treat calls coming from the CUCM as internal calls from extensions.

If your PSTN trunks are connected to the CUCM and the call routes to the 3300 it will also be seen as internal. This may give you undesired results.

I am told this is a limitation of SIP, it does not have the notion of internal and external!

AVT2,

Thanks for the response. I don't see this option on the SIP Peer Profile Form. I assume it is just a Y/N right on the page?

PS - I tried giving you a star for the Tandem Fwd issue, but I think someone beat me to it. (?)

Thanks again.

Perhaps the option is only available in version 8. I do not ave any 7.1 systems here I can look at sorry.

PS. thanks for the star attempt.

ok. Thanks for the help, AVT2.

The SIP profile form was added in Rel 8 UR3

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Well, I made some progress today.

1. It sounds like (from responses above) that I don't have the option of setting "Private Sip Trunk" = "yes" in the SIP peer profile in Mitel 3300 ICP Ver.7.1.

2. My other end is Cisco CallManager 6.1. I also found out that the extension number is not sent in PAI field for SIP trunks in Cisco CallManager 6.x. They started carrying this in 7.0.

Since it is clearly in the RPID and other places in the INVITE, I was thinking that maybe the Mitel needs to see the number in the PAI. Can anyone confirm this?

thanks again!

Can anyone confirm that the Mitel needs to see the number in the (SIP Invite) PAI in order to hit the right mailbox?

Thanks.

Another clue on this: The diversion header from the Mitel 3300 ICP looks like this:

Diversion: <sip:15221@172.20.220.254>; reason=unconditional; counter=1.

The diversion header from CUCM looks like this: Diversion: “A-16024” <sip16024@172.20.214.254>; reason=unconditional; privacy=off; screen=yes.

I believe the extra fields (especially name & privacy=off) in the CUCM diversion header may be the issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back