Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Outlook Desktop Alert in Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleis

Technical User
Jun 4, 2000
US
Does anyone know if this can be done? Just one of those little light-bulbs going off over here?

Thanks!

Do you mean can you add a task to Outlook from Access? If so, the answer is yes. You can also add to the Windows Scheduler.

Actually what I was referring to was the pop-up dialog box that tells me when I’ve got a new e-mail. In Outlook 2003, the parameters are located under Tools/Options/Advanced e-mail options/desktop alert settings. From here I can set the duration (time) of the message as well as transparency of the dialog box.

I just thought it would be cool to maybe pull this type of message box into my Access app for information related to my app. I wonder if this dialog box has a reference that I can pull into my app . . . . say like an activeX object.

This is a means of fading a form:

thread705-1324753

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back